It's coming back to me now. I am "two-year-olding" the house. Since we *thought* we were done having children 8 years ago I had purged almost all toddler stuff. I kept a booster seat and a few prize toys for friends and family who visit with little ones. Other than that, it was g.o.n.e.
Fortunately, I have gotten some pretty good deals at yard sales and discount stores. A few sweet friends have begun giving us gifts here and there, too. We are deeply touched by their shared excitement.
With no physcial belly to alert those around us that we are expecting (a 2-year-old!!), our adoption can remain undiscovered to many who see us frequently. We truly are "having another child" and our family is growing in more ways than having four children.
God will grow us. Adoption will change us. China will influence us. We welcome it.
Yes! I like your last four statements. :o) I guess our situation will have more challenges and also fewer--I still have all our baby stuff ('cause I still have a baby!), and our house is already as "proofed" as it's going to be. Yes, it is strange feeling "pregnant" but it being hidden to almost everyone. But you're almost due!
ReplyDelete