This morning I am reminding my daughter not to worry. She is anxious about an upcoming orthodontist visit. I am tempted to quote every verse I know about fear, worry and anxiety. But I am quieted.
Do you ever find yourself speaking to another yet in your heart you hear a quiet voice saying, "these words are also for you. Listen."
I find myself there quite often, particularly as I instruct my children. The Lord has taught me many lessons as I have *thought* I was teaching my children. Of course, they need to know it. I already do.
Or, maybe not.
So, this morning I am here to shout out that I will not be anxious. I will not fret. I will not worry. I will not try to make anything happen.
I will wait in peace while my Lord works for me, on our behalf, on the behalf of this little orphan child He so dearly loves. In His time, she will become one of ours. She will be grafted into our family tree. I long for that day.
As for today, I will rest in the shadow of His wings. I know He works all things together for good, to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose.
He works, I rest. This is His purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment