Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Can Do It

These were sent to me in September from a team that had taken a missions trip to the foster care center where lil' one lives. Despite the crew cut (yoy!), it is her.  I love the determined look on her face to get this little silly band where it's supposed to be.

I can do this....

Gettin' close ~

Oh, just a little more!

Got it!
What a look of
accomplishment and satisfaction!

Now, I'm gonna eat it!

We hope to have Travel Approval by the end of October.  A. asks daily if it's time to pack and the boys want to know if they can get some handheld game systems for the trip. Not just any systems, DSi XLs. Now, our kids have never had the trendy game systems and we are really picky about what they play, but were thinking about caving in and getting them. Don't tell them, ok?

On another front, remember that email I sent to our state senators? Well, I got a call last Friday from one Senator's office. They wanted to know what they could do to help us. Seriously.

I NEVER imagined I would get such a response. I expected the canned, "Thank you for writing, blah, blah, blah."  But they called, and seriously are willing to try to help. So, we're thinking that consulate appointment might come just a little easier with a little help.

Really, though, you can't fool me. Not on this one. I know who's really helping. I'll tell ya.

I lift my eyes to the hills,
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord.
Maker of heaven and earth

He will not let your foot slip
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121

I know He's watching over us and our daughter as we prepare to meet one another. What a comfort. Nope, ya can't fool me.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics. What a blessing to have new, updated pics AND all the great news!!! It will be here before you know it!!! China prepare to meet THE BECKS!!! heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pics!! She's going to be home before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVERLY!! I can see she has the tenacity and stick with it-ness of other Beck children already! A perfect fit!!

    ReplyDelete