Thursday, September 9, 2010

Taking Possession

Yesterday, as I prayed and fasted with many others for the orphan, I just kept asking for release.  We need children to be released into what God has planned for their lives; we need families released into bringing these children home; we need release among any person, government or other, who has a say in the future of these children. I believe God has moved and is moving. He has heard the outcry on behalf of these orphans.

From Deuteronomy 31, as the Israelites were about to cross the Jordan and posses the land God has given them:  "The Lord your God crosses over before you.... Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He wil not leave you nor forsake you."

Again, as Moses instructs Joshua because Moses is not going into the promised land and Joshua is to lead them:  "Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it.  And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."

It is in our admitted weakeness when His strength is made perfect through us. It is so easy to think we can "make it happen." But, I find so often, that when I my spirit rests and stops wrestling with circumstances that God moves mountains. That's when I can possess that which God has already possessed for me.

So, today I wait peacefully to learn that God has moved those mountains for us and all those others we lifted up yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment