I just called our immigration services folks to make sure that our I800 was approved last week. I am just a little bit skiddish about the whole process now so I had to check again. I'm just sayin'....
We were approved on 9-9-10 and the paperwork was Fed-Ex'd to the National Visa Center on Friday, 9-10-10. I hope it arrives today and we have approval ASAP.
So, keep praying this paperwork through. There are a number of things (holidays, trade fairs and Asian Games) that could really make our travel process take longer yet. We are trusting God's plans and praying against any thing that could hinder them.
I also learned that we could get a senator involved. Apparently, they have some pull with these various governmental agencies that handle our paperwork. I was pleasantly surprised recently when some adoptive families contacted their senators to request more appointment slots be made available in the American Consulate in Guangzhou. Almost immediately, new and extra appointments were made available so families could get through before the start of some event in Ch*na that would again slow down adoption travel.
So, between God and our senators, we should be good, right?!? Weeeellllll, I think we'll start at the top and only work on the senator if it becomes necessary. What do you think?
You're almost there!!! Keep trusting in the Lord and He's going to get ya'll to China and with your little angel soon!
ReplyDelete