The Answer
Many months ago, I prayed specifically that our child, who lives in foster care, "would hear the name of Jesus, that the name of Jesus would be spoken to her and over her." I even told God that I knew it was a long shot being that she is in Ch*na and all, but I was asking anyway. I know God is bigger than all that.
So, I prayed.
I figured once we got to Ch*na and learned more, I would know if the prayer was answered.
Then, I let it go.
And then.....
...a recent update helped us to discover the organization that sponsors her foster care. And, of course, I researched. Let me tell you, I was surprised. I just was stunned. I told DH where I thought our child was living. We both wanted proof. We just wanted to be sure, you know. Last thing I want to do is embarrass God by saying He did something when it's not true. However, I also want to make sure God gets the glory for what He does.
So, I have waited until now because we got our proof on Thursday. We are certain that our lil' one is living in an unashamedly Christian, non-profit, foster home for orphans in Ch*na. Yes, the kids hear the name of Jesus and they are prayed for and they may even learn some Bible songs. How cool is that? What are the odds???
I have said this so many times that maybe you think it's just how I always talk. But it's not. We have had so many specific answers to prayer in this journey that it boggles my mind! Here, now, let me show you some of the "evidence":
This is our lil' one in January with one of the ayis. Ayi is the word used to refer to a caregiver. I don't know what the translation is, maybe aunt or something like it. Either way, I love the giggles and I love that she is being read to and looks like she is loving it. (Now, know that I covered the ayi's face for no other reason than I don't know if I can post it here.)
We feel so incredibly blessed by this answer to prayer. We have no doubt that this child is loved by the Father and that we are to bring her into our family.
Pray with us that the rest of our journey to lil' one goes smoothly, that all of our hearts are prepared for one another, that God would give H. and I the wisdom, discernment, grace and peace we'll need to navigate grafting her into our family and that those around us would see His hand in our journey and He would be glorified through it all.
The Need
In my research, I learned that the name of the foster home is Shepherd’s Field Children’s Village. I was recently contacted by another adoptive parent who brought home her daughter from SFCV. This mom attributes her daughters’ developmental and physical health to the outstanding care she received while at SFCV. I learned that SFCV is a wonderful foster home to around 100 children. (Again, what are the odds??!!)
However, there is an urgent need within SFCV right now to raise $70,000 USD. It’s possible that if they cannot raise these funds before September 16, it could affect their ability to care for the children. They must meet this goal, they have no choice.
I am asking you to pray, to fast, for the need to be met. God owns a cattle on a thousand hills, He is the creator, the owner of this entire universe and it is within His realm to provide for this need. Will you storm the gates of heaven with me and ask Him to provide? Satan would be delighted to see this work be hindered. Will you stand by and let it happen?
How many emails do you get a day asking you to prove you’re a Christian by forwarding whatever it is. Now, I am not asking you to forward anything to anyone. I am asking you to join me in this battle for the orphans at SFCV.
One last thing. I will not ask you directly to give to this cause. That is between you and God. I have, however, included information below if you should decide to make a tax deductible contribution.
And, thanks, from the depths of my heart, if you do.
Donate by credit card or paypal at http://chinaorphans.org/donate.htm.
Checks, made out to PHF (Philip Hayden Foundation), should be sent to:
Philip Hayden Foundation
40335 Winchester Rd.
Temecula, CA 92591
There are also a couple of fundraisers, if you choose:
http://www.justlovecoffee.com/SFCV-- a site to purchase coffee and make a difference. Every purchase earns money for SFCV!
http://www.barefootbooks.com/marketplace/19262/ --check out their neat books and help SFCV!
http://themiracleofthemoment.blogspot.com/2010/06/fundraiser-for-sfcv-sale.html -- has neat stuff for sale, from bracelets to banners.
Oh, now, I am almost done. One more thing.
I am also teaming with other bloggers at A Place Called Simplicity to fast and pray for orphans. Read more at http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-does-it-have-to-be-so-hard-part-2.html.


I happened to click onto your link from Linny's link. Your link is right by mine. Guess what? We are both asking on behalf of SFCV! Only God.
ReplyDeleteBlessings in your adoption.
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip (PHF 6/08), and Elijah
I'll be praying and fasting for you and also for this situation.
ReplyDeletePraying and Fasting for you on Wednesday!
ReplyDeletePraying, fasting, and standing with you!
ReplyDeletePraying with you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is beautiful and thank You Jesus for this answered prayer! Will be joining with you in prayer for their needs and for the Lord's will to be done...
ReplyDeleteGod's speed...
Daleea
Praying here too! Thanks so much for spreading the sites to help raise funds!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to join together and pray. What an honor.
Can't wait to see your cutie pie at home with you!
You little one is so beautiful. I will be praying for you.
ReplyDeletepraying and fasting today for you. God may you join this family together soon, and in your perfect timing. supply all the needs for this haven in Ch*na and change the hearts of the ill-motivated. Eph 3:20 - He is more than able!
ReplyDeletePraying for you today!
ReplyDeletePraying and fasting for your little beauty today, and for Shepherd's Field!!
ReplyDeletePraying with the kids at this moment for PHF....that the financial burden would be lifted and the Lord's blessing and favor would rest upon this wonderful ministry....
ReplyDeleteCame over from A Place Called Simplicity....I'm praying and fasting for you today.
ReplyDeleteStanding in the gap through fasting and prayer today for the orphan, your family and others! Blessings from OK!
ReplyDeletePraying and fasting for your family, your little one, and SFCV today.
ReplyDeletealso here from crazy love. may all needs be met.
ReplyDeletePraying for your family! My daughter is also at SFCV and we hope to travel next month to get her. I would love to take picture for you while we are there- let's keep in touch!!!! sarahmhatfield@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteSarah Fischer
How exciting to learn that your Little Blessing and others like her are being cared for by those who can share with them Christ's love! I'm praying that He will break through barriers so this organization can continue its work.
ReplyDeleteOver from Linny's blog...fasting and praying today for the orphan and appreciate you PHF to the list so I join in with the many others and specifically pray for this need. God bless, Jennifer
ReplyDeletePraying for Philip Hayden Foundation, and for you and your growing family!
ReplyDelete