Monday, September 20, 2010

Maybe Tomorrow??

Ok, this has to be quick 'cause we have a school day ahead of us.  On Friday I got the most helpful email from a fellow Holt adoptive mommy who is just a few steps ahead of us in the chase. She knows the ropes and I am GRATEFUL that she emailed me.

I had prayed about whether to contact the next US government office where our paperwork now waits for processing. I also had conflicting thoughts about making contact because on an adoption group I watch, there seemed to be MANY people contacting this group. My thought was, leave them alone so they can get the work done. Ya know -- if they don't have to keep answering the phone about where so-and-so's paperwork is (unless you truly have waited too long or there is a real question) then maybe they can get more folks through the system.

Ok, so this sweetheart sends me an email about whether we have been "cabled."  That translates to "did your file get emailed from NVC to the consulate in Guangzhou"? The answer? No. Heck, I am thinking it's only been at the NVC a few days.

Then, she proceeds to inform me that I can in fact, get an email copy of this coveted letter (keep in mind, I don't really understand how important timing is on this 'cause I don't really know what it's all for or where it goes at this point).

So, she gives me specific instructions on what to put in our email request to NVC.

I like specific. I can do specific. I sent "specific" to the NVC Friday evening. Thanks to my sweet friend, with all our info. I even got a little excited.

I prayed.

Of course, I didn't dare get my hopes up too high after what I went through with the last government group.

I kept reminding myself that God has "moved mountains" many times, in many ways, on behalf of our children and for this fourth child we are loving from afar for now.

So, maybe a little hopeful. It is God after all that I am trusting.

Then, forgot all about it 'cause the weekend was busy.

Bright and early, Monday morning I do some chores, have some tea, check email.

WHA???!!!!  I got a reply to my email that we are in the system at NVC and waiting to be cabled. And, after it cables, I can request a copy via email.

Thank you, Jesus! I know it was you who did this 'cause we also got the "go to" person at the NVC. The one person everyong is saying you have to contact to get it done quickly and correctly.

So, I am praying. Tomorrow (September 21) is a very special day for me and it would be so amazing to be "cabled" tomorrow.

THEN, we just need an Article 5 letter and we wait for Travel Approval!

...breathe....

Ok, gotta get some tissues. Bye for now!!!! And, pray!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! God is so good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone could help you out :) Hoping you get that letter soon. I know the consulate it closed Wed in China because of the holiday so hold tight 'til the end of the week! Good luck!! The light is shining at the end of the tunnel!!

    We probably would have gotten TA this week, but the CCAA is closed for the rest of the week :( Praying for TA next week!!

    ReplyDelete