I never would wish for any child to suffer the pain of abandonment or rejection. Unfortunately, in this world, there is pain and suffering. I believe that God uses the miracle of adoption to restore that life and He has a plan and a purpose for every one of us through this miracle. His word promises that He will restore what the locusts have eaten. What did Jesus reveal at Nazareth when he first read scripture in the synagogue (as accounted in Luke chapter 4)?
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
To proclam the acceptable year of the Lord.
Where does he say, "I come to make you happy?" Or, "I am sent to have fun with you?" Or, "in this life, you will have fun beyond imagination." He came to give life, abundantly. In Him there is peace and healing and restoration. We find Him when we seek Him with all of our hearts. This life can be HARD. It's in those times that I follow hard after Him. I take on a relentless pursuit of Him. In time, then, I see His plan and I find my rest in Him.
Our daughter has had a rough start. Things for her aren't the way we think they are "supposed" to be. She was abandoned at a very young age and she hasn't had a mommy or daddy to call her own so far. But, God has a plan for her. God wants her to know Him and love Him. I pray that He has already begun a healing work in her life. And, I know, H and I both know, this child was meant to be ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment