Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Carried

   I'm dipping into the pool this morning.  I don't have a swimming pool.  The pool I speak of washes away my anxiety, my fears, my worries.  Perfect love casts out fear.  Truly, where love comes in and fills the space there is no room for fear.  Perfect love carries, it's abundant, it's fulfilling.  It's not humanly possible.  This love will travel to where I am and cover me.  I can trust it.  I can wear it like a blanket and rest.  It is His love that will carry me.
   It's not from my husband.  He is wonderful in his own right.  I adore him.  He cannot, nor can I expect him to, offer perfect love.
   It is in the arms of my Father, my heavenly Father that I find this life-giving, wisdom-provoking, courage-strenghtening, faith-building rest.
   Our adoption journey -- the WAIT -- has challenged me lately.  I have worried about every detail to the point of being an information addict.  I want so badly to be beyond this paperwork.  I just want to go get our lil' one and love on her.  We are all feeling like this, even the kids are asking.
   So, if you can, join us in praying our paperwork through the rest of the process here in the US and then in Ch*na.  Here are the specifics.  We need these things to happen, Lord willing, without requests for changes or delays in order to travel in November:
  1. I800 Provisional Approval from the US;
  2. A confirmation letter from the US National Visa Center;
  3. All Hague paperwork (I800, etc) to get to US Consulate in Ch*na;
  4. The consulate to issue an Article 5;
  5. Article 5 to arrive at CCAA;
  6. CCAA to issue Travel Approval.
   So, I leave you with this song that reminded me this morning of just who will get us through.  Go here: 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1511618382816071372.  It's called He Will Carry Me by Mark Shultz.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for all the paperwork to go through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In HIS time, Maureen...hang in there. :D Prayers for you in the 'waiting room'.

    Are you sure you don't want to name her Lil? I keep seeing you call her 'Lil' one. Lillian. Lil for short..

    ReplyDelete