Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Day it All Began

  Some things I can picture in my mind like they were yesterday.  Though I may forget many details of many events, and get dates all fouled up (go ahead, ask me if I know our anniversary date -- it will take a minute, but eventually, I will get it right), there are certain things that are etched forever in my mind.
  He came into the world a movin' and a shakin'.  He is the only birth child of mine who kicked his way through the birth canal.  I pushed.  He kicked.  He still "kicks and fusses" sometimes.  He's born to lead.  God has called him to this life for such a time as this.  I know God has big plans for this young man.
  For, he is our diamond in the rough.  I love him with every fiber of my being.  He's strong and sensitive, lively and tender, affectionate, brilliant, curious and talented.  He's loved music since he was a baby.  And, today he turns 12.  Our D-man. 
  He's taught us about parenting the strong willed child and we are grateful for it.  He's been energy and life and excitement from day one.  We love you, D!  We are so glad God allowed us to be your dad and mom.  We are excited to watch your life's adventure unfold and to help guide you along as you go. We pray that you will walk wisely and seek Him above all else in every matter of life.  You are a joy and we wish you a very Happy Birthday!


His 6-year-old re-creation of Calvary.


Dreamin' of NASCAR!


Happy Birthday, dear son!
We love you!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment