Friday, May 21, 2010

One More Step

   Hi!! Quick update for ya'll.  As of today, Friday, May 21, 2010, we are considered "Dossier to Ch*na."  That is what "DTC" means on our Adoption Timeline.  Yahoo!!!!!!  I got a call from our agency earlier this afternoon letting us know that our dossier is complete and correct AND on its way to Ch*na.  Next stop, LOA or Letter of Acceptance from Ch*na.
   Lately, I have been letting myself get uptight and nervous about the rest of this whole process.  DH and I are having to make some challenging decisions.  Like, what American first name to give our daughter.  Actually, they are challenging for me.  He's as cool as a cucumber. 
   Yesterday, I realized that I am walking in fear rather than trust.  God has had to get a hold of me and remind me to focus on Him.  And, that's just what He did.  So, today is better.  He reminded me of a few scriptures that I believe with all of my heart. The first is how I had been behaving.
Don't fret, it only causes harm.
Psalm 37:8b
   Then, He reminded me to:
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness;
And all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

  It says "all these things".  That's what strikes me.  I need to focus on my relationship with Christ.  Then, He can work in and through me on "all these things".  It's when I focus on the things of today, rather than the life I have in Christ, that I get eaten alive.  When I stay focused on Him, my spirit rests and I allow Him to work.  That's when "these things shall be added unto (me) you."  So, just like I tell my kids every day, "stay focused"!

No comments:

Post a Comment