Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Adopted

   I am.  Not in the physical sense, as our daughter will be soon.  I have been adopted into a family by a father who is just amazing beyond words.  Honestly.  He is out of this world.  And, he has this son.  Wow!  I don't really know what he looks like but he seems like the neatest guy.  He's humble and caring.  He's gentle, slow to anger, forgiving, wise and loves me for who I am.  Like I said, I haven't yet met him face-to-face, but I have talked with him.  That's part of how I know he loves me.  Do you have a friend like this?
   I mean, he's one of those people who will listen to you every day and doesn't think, when he sees your caller ID number, "Oh, man, not her again!"  Seriously. 
   Now, he won't put up with my antics.  A good friend doesn't.  He lets me know, in as loving a way as I am willing to hear, that I need to straighten up.  Since he's so wise, he's never wrong.  But, I trust him, 'cause he's never wrong.  Go figure.
   He's the one that first suggested that I was adopted and ought to consider adopting, too.  I have a note in my book from him that marks a day, about 2 years ago, when he spoke to me about adoption:

Not only that, but we also
who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
eagerly waiting for the adoption,
the redemption of our body.
For we were saved in this hope,
but hope that is seen is not hope;
for why does one still hope for what he sees?
Romans 8:23-24

   In fact, it blew me away today when I noticed this because it is just a few days away from when our little Ch*na sweetie was born.  Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment