Thursday, February 25, 2010

NOT My Own Understanding

   We have decided to be open to twins as well.  Twins!  H. has always wanted twins.  In the past, while pregnant, I assured him he was more than welcome to carry and deliver them.  I have seen women carrying twins and yes, it is a double delight of expectation.  But, I love the idea of adopting twins.  We will pray, watch and see if this is God's plan.
    It's wonderful when God works in H. and I simultaneously.  There are twins available through another agency's waiting child's list.  We prayerfully considered the possibility.  We prayed individually and came to the same decisions.  We are to stay put (with Holt) and pray for these little girls to find their forever family soon.  We simply have a peace about working with Holt.
   I asked God to assure me that we were making the right choice.  He answered.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
   So, the next day we got an email officially welcoming us to the Holt China Child of Promise program.  We are on the list.  We could be matched soon or it could take a while.  It all depends on our parameters -- the gender, age and needs of the child(ren) -- and the children available when China releases a new list of children.
   Therefore, we will walk through these next months leaning not on our understanding.  His ways are not our ways, nor are His thoughts our thoughts.  I am grateful for that.  There is peace in knowing that He leads our journey -- yours too, if you let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment