Monday, February 8, 2010

Dads & Daughters

   We have had the last of our home study visits.  We must have a great social worker because I really enjoyed each visit.  It was very interesting to go through and discuss our family histories. I have learned more about my DH's father than I ever knew when he was alive.  Sad to appreciate him now when I can't really tell him.  He was a good man. 
   I also realized something about my own Dad.  He's a lot like my grandmother - not his mom, but my mom's mom.  He's a giver and a helper.  She would give you her last quarter.  He's just like her.  If you have a need and he knows about it, he'll do what he can to help you out.  He did that for my mom even in the years they were not married.  I find that to be a remarkable act of love.  Thanks, Dad!
   I have also learned recently that apples really don't fall far from the tree.  A. has been dancing around the house a lot lately.  It's just precious.  She is so expressive and puts so much meaning into her "moves".  So, last night I took video.  I had to.  We have home movies of me doing the very same thing at just about the same age.  No, they don't fall very far at all.
   So, where are we on the journey to our second daughter?  Today, our social worker began writing the home study report.   She'll have two weeks to write it and then she will work with our adoption agency for up to three weeks to make it Hague compliant.  The Hague is a newer, more stringent set of international adoption regulations.  I won't bore or confuse you any more than that.  So, at most, we are 5 weeks from being put on the list to be considered for a match.  Now that is an exciting thought! 
   And, as she rests tonight, Father, keep her safe, warm and loved.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Maureen for keeping us updated, you are such a blessing from God. And a good example to your children.(((HUG)))I can't wait and am proud to be an AUNT again!

    ReplyDelete