Saturday, July 31, 2010

And There Off!

   What a wonderful way to end the week!  I tracked our FedEx package with our I-800 application and related documents and found it arrived at 8 am Friday morning at immigration services in Texas.  I also sent our signed, original LOA and lil' munchkin's care package to Holt. That will arrive early next week.
   So, we are rolling again.  Now we wait to receive the I-800 Provisional Approval.  Pray for favor.  I would really like to see all this out of the way.  Holt sent an email yesterday with the list of events happening in China that will affect adoption travel.  These can either hold up adoption travel or make hotels and in-country airfare much more expensive.
   Pray also that lil' munchkin's foster family shares the photo album with her.  I wrote captions below many of the pictures and it's kind of like a little story, hopefully easy enough for this little, almost 2-year-old, to enjoy and understand. 
   Speaking of almost 2 -- her birthday is coming in August!  We were thrilled to learn that we can indeed send her addiitonal "packages" as long as they are flat.  In the next week or so we will have to look around for a great birthday card, maybe even one that can record our voices or that plays fun music.
   We would have loved to have her home for this birthday.  Instead, we will focus on knowing that we will have her with us for many, many celebrations to come!
   Speaking of celebrations, here's proof of this being a really special week.

The Amazing LOA!!  
It actually asks if we accept this adoptee. 
Uh . . . of course we do!!



 
We are working our hardest to bring you home, lil' munchkin!


The happy couple being goofy.
If only the kids new that while they are tucked away
in bed we are still having fun.  Shhh, don't tell them!

2 comments:

  1. We'll likely be traveling together!! Woo Hoo!!! Leda PS. This is April's blog from Holt and she'll likely travel with us too!! http://www.ourpartyofseven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I sure hope you checked the box that says "I accept" right above your name! She is SO KISSABLE in these photos. Those cheeks are kissable!

    ReplyDelete