Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Checkin' In

   We had the most wonderful vacation last week! We took a simple trip camping in the Allegheny Mountains with lots of popsicles, swimming, fishing and playing. It was, for us, one of the most relaxing, peaceful trips we have ever taken.  Now, it's back to the million-mom-projects -- painting, reorganizing, planning and toddler proofing.
   As for that little munchkin and getting her home, we wait.  I am patiently, eagerly, awaiting the arrival of our LOA.  Stop.  That's a lie!  I want to sit at my desk, incessantly check email and hover near the phone just in case Holt calls.  Do you find it is a struggle, sometimes, to focus on life in the now when there's something really exciting lurking in the future?
   LOA is a major milestone.  It sets in motion the steps to travel approval.  At this point, it looks like we *might* travel in November. That is, if ALL goes smoothly and as planned. Only God knows at this point and I am t-r-y-i-n-g to reside in "trust HIM" mode.  I fall off that wagon more than I care to mention!
   I also began checking into travel costs.  GASP!  We are committed to taking our kiddos with us and WOW, what it will cost.  I just keep reminding myself to breathe.  Now, to go find my trust again.....


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment