It's a cultural thing, I suppose. Or, it's just easier to care for on little ones. However you slice it, the fact remains that our little munchkin has been shaved bald. Yep. Bald. And, she's wearing a shirt with a truck on it.
Now, I have seen this with several adoption and referral photos where the old proverb, you can't judge a book by it's cover, rings true. There are children who are dressed really cute but -- it's a baby boy in hot pink or a little girl in boys gear. I have seen pictures of older children, available for adoption, who are not dressed according to their gender.
Americans put a lot of effort into how they dress. At times, I am no exception. But, if you only had a few sets of clothing that basically covered your body, wouldn't you just wear them regardless? What if clothing was what kept your body warm in the cold or protected from the hot sun?
These are orphans. The caregivers do the best they can with what they have. I simply am blessed by the fact that it looks to me like our daughter's foster mom cares for her very much. She looks healthy and content. That's what DH and I see in these pictures.
I pray that God provides for every need this foster family has as they reach out and care for these children. In a culture that believes that an orphan is bad luck, I pray they would receive a double portion of His incredible blessing for welcoming them into their home. We are so grateful for what they are doing.


oh my goodness, she is beautiful. Hope everything is continuing to go smoothly with your process!
ReplyDelete