When we began this journey we had so many questions, so many doubts. It seemed like adoption was something other people did, other amazing people. Adoption was something reserved for "those" people, not for regulars like us. I prayed; I asked God so many questions. I knew that if this was something we were to do, it was something HE would need to do through us for HIS glory. He would have to move mountains on our behalf and we would point our fingers toward God and say, "He did it!" We knew it was the only way.
So, we prayed and waited. H. and I wondered when the time would come to begin the process. Then, I began a little adoption savings envelope. I took an inventory of our home, our finances and began to think about where the money would come from. Where was the surplus and how would God provide?
Our first answer to prayer was just about a year ago. As I prepared to sell some items at a book sale, I spent time talking with God. I asked him to confirm that this adoption was His plan for our family. I asked that He provide "seed" money. A seed is small but grows into something that produces. I asked, maybe even suggested, that it would be neat if He could provide just $100 to put toward our adoption savings and confirm His plan.
A week or so later, I attended the book sale, honestly forgetting about the $100 challenge. The kids and I had a great time. I was so eager to not bring anything back home that by the end I was slashing prices. Once home, I remembered my prayer and nervously looked at the envelope that held our earnings. What would I find in there, I wondered. My heart pounded in my chest as I began counting the dollars and the change. Wow -- $50 -- $85 -- would He really -- $95 -- be that obvious -- $100 -- yes! We made $100.50 that day. I still tear up and relive the emotion when I recount this memory. And we know it was only the beginning.
As for my earlier post about the first account of adoption in the Old Testament, I had a few folks give an answer. The first adoption mentioned in the Bible was Moses. God certainly had plans for his life!
No comments:
Post a Comment