Sunday, March 14, 2010

Changes

   Someone once shared that the only thing in life that they could count on was change.  Though true in it's simplest sense, I find it a sad and empty thing to count on. Yes, prepare for change. There is always a change lingering around the corner. However, the surest thing I have found in this life is Christ.  I remind my kids (and myself!) that people aren't always available to talk or play or to be with you, but Jesus is always ready and willing to listen.  He wants to talk with them, with us, any day, any time.  Now, that's something I can count on.
   Those who oversee adoptions in Ch*na have changed how the process works for special needs adoptions.  A few weeks ago, I had said we were waiting to be matched. Well, now we're not. We must now wait until our dossier is received and logged into Ch*na's system. Then, we'll be back on the list for a match.
   It's a good change for the children. If a dossier is already in Ch*na, and a child is matched with a family, the time to wait for travel is shorter. Some US agencies were matching families with children before the family had even begun their paperwork. That can be a long and unpredictable journey.
   Our dossier jouney continues to progress. On Friday, I sent out our home study and more paperwork to immigration services. This is called the I-800A - an application to request to bring someone to the states as a relative. From this, we'll receive the I-797. That will complete our dossier paperwork and a homeschool trip to Harrisburg will be in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment