It doesn't matter that there's no storm occurring at the moment. She just knows she's scared that one might start.
Now, I love to use these kind of moments to teach my kids that mommy and daddy will protect them. More important to us, though, is to instill in them a trust that God will watch over them A.L.W.A.Y.S. No matter what! We want them to know that God is bigger than anything they might be afraid of. So, we have taught them this song, courtesy of a CD of memory verse songs.
In fact, we do a lot of singing in our house. That's just who we are. So, it's no surprise that Sarah sings a lot. This morning at breakfast she sang for us.
This song is based on Psalm 56:3-4a. Here is a "translation" of the lyrics:
When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
I will trust in you, I will trust in you.
When I am afraid I will trust in you,
In God whose word I praise.
In God I trust, when I am afraid.
In God, I trust,
In God whose word I praise.
Wonderful!
ReplyDelete