Thursday, June 2, 2011

Twenty Eight

Let me start by saying, "Can it really be June already!?!!"  Where does the time go anyway?  We had our six month follow-up with our social worker recently. She was very pleased with how well S. is bonding and adjusting to life.  We had to answer some really basic questions about her likes and dislikes, sleeping, eating, and behavior. It was really no big deal. It seemed like something that just has to be checked off the list.

Lil' S. still sleeps next to our bed in a crib. At naptime, she doesn't need my hand anymore. She is content to let me sit in the rocker near the crib and read while she gets herself settled and to sleep. She likes to sing to her "baby" or she might chatter on about stuff. It's quite precious.

At night time, however, she still wants that hand close enough to grasp.

Well, recently S. and I were doing the bedtime thing. She in her crib and I, beside her on the bed fighting to stay awake so I can spend a few precious minutes with my awesome DH. I admit, I get annoyed that it takes 30+ minutes for her to give up. Many nights I lose the battle and doze off about the same time she does.  But, on this particular night she was gabbin' away. I was quiet. Then it started.

S: Mom!
Me:  s i l e n c e
S: Mah!!
Me: s i l e n c e
S: Mummy!!!!
Me: s i l e n c e . . .

In one minute, she said some version of mom twenty-eight times. Yep, I counted them. It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. And, someday I will miss this. I know that already.

Now, the goal for the next few months is to work her into her sister's room which is where we have planned for her to end up all along. And, big sister A. is all about helping S. which hopefully will help to ease the transition.

Then, DH and I can have our owm room again. That will make me one happy momma!

2 comments:

  1. 28 times! Amazing. And precious. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well! It will be fun for the sisters to share a room.

    ReplyDelete