Saturday, January 30, 2010

Welcome!

   Well, here it is.  My first, valiant attempt at doing this blog thing.  We thought it would be a fun way to keep family and friends, who are interested, up-to-date on our adoption journey.  We have journeyed for about 1 1/2 years so far.  H. and I have talked and prayed and talked and prayed.  God has shown himself so strong in this plan.  He is our tour guide.
  We are in a stage, endearingly named, "paper pregnant."  I like paper pregnancies a lot.  There's no morning, evening or, as I experienced, ALL DAY nausea!  She is growing in my heart -- our hearts -- day by day.  Lately, we are brainstorming names.
  Names are really important.  I believe they say something about the plan that God has for a life.  If you look through scripture, you will find that the names people had were very significant to their purpose.  So, names and their meanings are incredibly important to me.
  I welcome you to leave a name suggestion, if you have one.

3 comments:

  1. }*{

    ANGELINA

    An angel given to you by such blessed circumstances. Angel for short.

    We wish God's great blessing on your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Sarah ( that's my mom's name); that's what we were going to name David if he had turned out to be a girl!! I don't know what it means, but it's a beautiful name. I also like the names Anna,Leah( that would have been Connor's name if he had been a girl)and Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya
    Seely (Happy, Blessed)
    Venice (Blessed)
    Aldara (a winged gift)
    Atiya (A gift)
    Macy (Gift of God)...I like this*
    Natania (God's gift)
    Adiel (ornament of God)
    Amaris (God has pomised)
    Azaria (Helped by God) ***Love this meaning**
    Ceana (God is gracious)
    Eliana (God has answered me) **cool meaning**
    Evana (God is gracious)
    Jessa (God's Grace) **I like this too**
    Nasia (God's grace) **NICE**
    Rianne (God is gracious)
    Samantha (asked of God)
    Samara (guarded by God) **very nice meaning**
    Shana (God is gracious) *LOTS WITH THIS MEANING*
    Tobie (God is good) not one of my favorite**
    Zaria (Helped by God) again, I like the meaning*
    Shakira(Thankful)*If she shakes her hips=Good*
    ***Names to ponder over***
    Don't worry I will come up with more to talk about...LOL
    My Prayers are with you and your child chosen by God that the doors be opened for a swift transition.
    And here are pages of girls names that mean "GIFT FROM GOD"
    http://www.babynamespedia.com/search/f?q=gift+from+god
    Aunt Suzie (((HUG))) xxxoooXO

    ReplyDelete