Monday, February 7, 2011

Bits and Pics

Well, I know that everyone wants to know how lil S. is adjusting to life with us in the U.S. I will share some tidbits and some pictures.

She LOVES chocolate.
She still needs to find me when she is sleeping, to hold my hand.
She enjoys her older siblings tremendously.
She is learning many words in English -- mama, daddy, doggie ("goggie"), go, van
She LOVES to go places in the van.
She LOVES to play outside and cries when it's time to come in.
She enjoys snow and sled riding.
She'll taste most anything.
She can be very insistent.
She has a smile that can charm the socks of off anyone!
She has a funny side and likes to play jokes on people.
She can be very compassionate.
She gets jealous of her siblings.
She likes books.
She LOVES music.
She could play our little guitar ten times a day.
She folds her hands to pray ever so sweetly (thank you, Jesus, that she already knew about you when she came home because of her wonderful foster care).
She sometimes sings while she is walking around the house.
She knows what she wants and what she does not want.
She likes to watch TV and can be unhappy when it's time to keep it off.
She LOVES to help with chores.
She is quick and clever.
She learns very quickly.
She listens well, even if she doesn't like what she hears.
She uses her sign language pretty effectively.
She still prefers to start with a whine and then communicate (give it time....).
She really likes Chloe, our dog.
She meows at the cats when they come on to the porch to eat.

Finally, she fits into our family as if she has always been here. It's odd to say it when I have read so many others write that very fact. But, it's true. Eerily true. It truly is God's providence that brought her to us. We are so glad to have her home...an orphan no more.

I could go on and on. Actually, I think I did. Sorry if I have bored you but, this blog will be for her to read someday and I think she'll enjoy going through this post...don't you?




4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the update! Thanks for sharing. Even though I've never met her she shared a home with the child I sponsor so when I see these children getting families it's so amazing! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and loves lolly pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your post M. You're such a gifted writer. S. will love this journal. Love, P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so beautiful! And I love how naturally she fits into her--and your--family. She looks quite comfortable. She will love reading this post when she's older.

    ReplyDelete