Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Groove

We have been home almost a month now and things are going well. Lil' S. is adjusting to her new life here and learning so much so quickly. We have been working on a little thing called the F.I.T. She does this when we say no to something or she wants something she doesn't get.

One particular F.I.T. made me laugh yesterday because it was so textbook 2-year-old. She wanted a drink. I had an empty cup. When I wouldn't relinquish the empty cup, as I was going to refill it, she stomped into the next room, placed her little self on the floor and began howling. Then, when that didn't work (for all you attachment folks, don't worry, I was talking to her all through this) she sat up (note, there's not a tear in sight) and tried again.

That's when I walked around the breakfast bar and called her to me. She got up, F.I.T. over, and came to me and we "guggled" (snuggled) for a few minutes until I gave her the then filled cup. End of F.I.T.

We are back into a full week of school and extracurricular activities and learning how to manage it all. It will come together in time. The older kids are happy to be back in the groove of some of their regular stuff and they are happy to get out and see some friends.

2 comments:

  1. Lil S. sounds like she's beginning to find her nitch in the family. I'm glad she's developmentally on target. I'll bet the kids will enjoy introducing her to all this snow falling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well! What a great anecdote to show how she's testing things and settling in.

    ReplyDelete